Saturday 26 March 2011

tomorrow when the war began...against food!!!!

hi everyone,

how are you? i hope you are well :).

i know i have been saying for ages that i am going to start my diet. well i PROMISE you all that i am going to start it tomorrow WITHOUT fail. i am sick of making broken promises to myself and not doing what i tell all of you girls what i am going to do either. i have also made my boyfriend (who i am sure loves me very much right now) do it with me, so over the next couple of days we are going to really fight our urges for crappy food. in a way i feel like an addict and i guess maybe i am one. but i am going to fight it!!! who's gonna join me?? tomorrow i will have more details about my starting weight and measurements etc. and i will also put up what i eat (even if it is bad).

i found this interesting article about food addictions. if you are an over-eater have a look at this.
i definately know that i am a food addict. i will hide bags of chips in my bag so the people i live with wont see me bring them into the house and i will sit in my room (with the doors shut) and eat them all. food is my comfort and i actually look forward to eating something naughty moreso than i would going to watch a movie or go on a trip overseas. thats how i know i have serious eating issues. i need to learn to eat to live not live to eat.

a counsellor once asked me to think of the most painful experience i had gone through (i had many to think of but eventually thought of one situation that hit me pretty hard) she then reminded me that after this pain- i recovered because women are stronger than we realise. and if i could recover from something that painful- i can definately fight my food addiction. So if you feel weak (and most of us who are just starting out on healthy eating plans are) reminds yourself every second that you lose faith that you are STRONG and NOTHING can stop you from achieving your goals. i have these skinny jeans that i brought several years ago, and i am going to hang them up in my room because next year i am going to fit into them.


The jump is so frightening between where I am and where I want to be.
Because of all I may become-I will close my eyes and leap.
- Mary Anne Radmacher





no more excuses. the time is now. let's do this!!!!!

good luck to everyone. i will keep you informed.

love to you all xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sis, Im all signed up now :) Hooray you have one more follower! Anyways I LOVE your blog! Im so proud of you and what a fantastic idea! Keep up the great work..

    Anyhow, why wait until tomorrow? How about starting today! You can do it. I find that when I have cravings a good idea is to think about how your going to feel once you eat something naughty. I imagine guilt and disappointment? Dont worry I know those feelings to well too. Its a struggle for alot of us but once you make a promise with yourself to not give in and wait for the craving to pass...you will feel a whole lot stronger for it :)The power lies within you. I love the skinny jeans idea hang them in your room as a reminder, make a inspiration board and imagine how good you will feel and how much your life will change when you are healthy. Love you heaps & we're all standing behind you in this journey!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete