Sunday 13 March 2011

a friendly introduction

hello everyone (i hope at least one other person reads this),


my name is Catherine and i have decided to write a blog about my weight loss journey. i am not really a motivated person, and i find it difficult fighting the war against binge eating but today (or tomorrow since i just had my last supper meal) i will be tackling the scary road of diet and exercise. everyone who knows me knows i love my food, so i am going to document my journey to show everyone that if i can do it-so can you.


so, a little bit about me- i am 24 years old, and i live in a lovely coastal town in NSW, Australia. i have a partner, Paul whom is a very healthy thin man, which drives me crazy because he can eat what he wants and not get fat! but i also know that i am very lucky, because he doesn't care if my jelly jiggles, he loves who i am as a person (and girls- this is the most important thing when in a relationship! if your partner does not love and accept you as you are now, he is not worth your time!). i also have a dog named ziggy whom is a jack russell cross human. i eventually want to start having a family (ok so i desperately want a family) but to do so, i need to lose weight and get my body functioning like it should again. 


 I was diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) several years ago when i was quite young, and since then i never really took it seriously. i always told myself that i would never put on heaps of weight, and i would never let myself get to a bad state, but of course (and anyone who suffers weight gain from a pcos symptom) would know that it very rudely creeps up on you and once you hit that point off complete uncomfortableness (yes i have created my own word), it is not easy to get yourself back to where you were before the weight gain.


I was also diagnosed with depression and OCD which i believe coincides with pcos itself. i even found an article about pcos and depression on the following link.
http://www.suite101.com/content/pcos-and-depression-a200092
i have been on medications since i was first diagnosed with depression/ocd/anxiety and i am hoping that through my weight loss, i will be able to gain confidence and with guidance from my doctor, slowly get off these very powerful drugs. so basically i want a complete body and soul Rejuvenation. time will tell if this can happen, but i will keep you updated.


i just want to say that to any woman/girl/male who is overweight, i know how you are feeling. i know what it's like to have skinny folk make their 'helpful' comments about your weight because they have your best interest at heart, and have those strangers- or sometimes even friends who look you up and down with judgement without even realising it. trust me-i have had it all in my time. and the saddest thing is that when a comment is made to us about our weight- it chips away a bit more at our confidence, and because i am an emotional eater- this makes me want to eat more hehe. but i want you all to know, that no matter what you are told, you are beautiful and only lose weight because you want to do it. not because someone else has told you to. i personally want to lose weight because of the following reasons:
- i feel really uncomfortable
-i love fashion and i cant dress the way i want to so i dont really feel like i am being true to myself
-i want to be healthy and i want to have children in the next year or so
-i want to live a long life just like my nanna!!!!!
this is my motivation at the  moment..the reason i will really try my hardest to lose weight. and another important thing is DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF. consult your doctor who will refer you to a dietician. they will create a plan that is best suited to you and your needs.


if anyone is struggling with losing weight and the whole weight loss thing is too daunting, we can do it together! at the end of the day, us girls have to stick together :) i know that i have a HUGE battle ahead and i will have my good and bad days. but at the end of the day, noone is perfect. we just have to try our best.


take care lovely ones


love,


cat xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxooxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment